An amazing performance of a Non-verbal Child in Listen to the Autism Beat 2018
A Non-Verbal Child who turns out to be an extraordinary child of his case Laurence Anthony De Guzman, 14 yrs old who was first diagnosed with autism at the age of 3. A Non-Verbal Child who turns out to be an extraordinary child of his case.
For years, his parents did endless research and had tried so many ways with many bumps along the way; including when they thought his vocabulary is getting lesser as he hardly spoke to them but they never gave up. Until they tried to introduce music therapy from home. Only at the age of 9, he started communicating and engaging with everyone when he has begun using the words from the songs he’s singing, his thought process had sped up.
Highlights: Perfect pitch. He has the ability to identify a tone without any reference, out of any tonal context. It’s an ability and not all the singers or musician has it. These are known musicians who have perfect pitch, Barbara Streisand, Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra, Mozart, Beethoven, YANI, Leonard Bernstein, Mariah Carey and a lot more.
• He’s been featured at Tag 91.9, ImageNation Digital Platform, TFC Filipino Channel and the Filipino Times.
• Performed alongside with professional artist Ms. Rouba Zeidan at the Rotana Hotel Charity Gala Dinner in Dubai 2014 attended by 500 guests at the age of 9.
• Walk for Autism, Dubai April 2016 organized by Child Early Intervention Medical Center Autism Beat Atlantis Hotel December 2016 organized by Child Early Intervention Medical Center attended by 1500 guests.
• Joined Flash Mob at Dubai Mall Performed The Gulf Youth Chamber Music Society in partnership with Emirates Autism Society April 2018
• Inspired more than 200 families during the Autism Caravan Activities that took place throughout seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates in April 2018 organized by Emirates Autism Society.
• Featured at Abu Dhabi Sports Channel 2 for their Inclusion program build up for Special Olympics World Games 2019 reaching to almost one million homes. Broadcast LIVE throughout the Middle East and North African Countries.
• Performed at Abu Dhabi Boat Show, hosted by ADNEC supported by Emirates Autism Society participated by 25 countries. Laurence is now representing the Emirates Autism Society in the UAE.