SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPIST
The main purpose of this role is to perform speech and language assessments and evaluations and design / implement structured and individualized treatment speech programs to teach children with various speech disorders or delays.
- Provide ongoing guidance within each client’s individual program, ensuring each client’s continued progress towards realizing their maximum potential.
- Communicate questions, child’s progress or other feedback to parents, teachers, Occupational Therapists, Clinical ABA Supervisors, Case Managers and ABA therapists.
- Review behavior management techniques to ensure consistency in therapy, while at the same time reducing the occurrence of maladaptive behaviors.
- Participate in clinic/team meetings, workshops and training seminars as necessary.
- Collect data and maintain documentation pertaining to each child’s program.
- Write school observation reports highlighting the child’s strengths and areas of need, as well as recommendations for school staff, for the school and the child’s family.
- Bachelor’s degree in Speech / Linguistics
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience as a Speech & Language Therapist
- To be considered for this role, you must be passionate about teaching and interacting with children.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Be creative and have problem-solving skills – to design programs appropriate to different learning styles and communication issues
- Be enthusiastic and have high-energy levels.
- Be able to work independently as well as take and process directions from mentors.