The main purpose of this role is to conduct comprehensive OT assessments, provide therapy to the clients and provide consultation to the team and external clients.
- Perform relevant and necessary occupational therapy assessments and evaluations and write corresponding reports.
- Design and implement structured and individualized treatment occupational therapy programs to teach children with autism.
- Collect data and maintain documentation pertaining to each child’s program.
- Provide ongoing guidance within each client’s individual program, ensuring each client’s continued progress towards realizing their maximum potential.
- Communicate questions, child’s progress, or other feedback to parents, Clinical ABA Supervisors, Case Manager and ABA therapists.
- Review behavior management techniques to ensure consistency in therapy, while at the same time reducing the occurrence of maladaptive behaviors.
- Participate in clinic meetings, workshops, and training seminars as necessary.
- Educate and train ABA Therapists in speech techniques utilized for each child, in order to ensure consistency of interventions.
- Write progress reports to secure funding from insurance agencies using sound occupational therapy terminology.
- Write school observation reports highlighting the child’s strengths and areas of need, as well as recommendations for school staff, for the school and the child’s family.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in working with children.
- Preferably DHA / CPQ licensed or meet licensing requirements as per respective guidelines.
- To be considered for this role, you must be passionate about working with children.
- Be able to work independently as well as be part of the MDT.