The main purpose of this role is to conduct comprehensive assessments as part of the MDT, provide individual and group therapy, provide consultation to the team and external clients and
- Assessing, formulating and diagnosing a client’s needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behavior for clients of Child Early Intervention Medical Center.
- Administering, scoring and interpreting standardized measures, and writing comprehensive psychological and psycho-educational assessment reports.
- Providing direct therapy based on the individual needs of clients, working within the scope of the Psychologists training and expertise.
- Leading group therapy for clients of different age groups and levels of functioning.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Therapists, ABA Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Developmental Pediatricians, and Teachers.
- Representing professional knowledge and expertise the Employee is qualified to use at the Doctoral level.
- Working with Schools in the UAE to provide recommendations to parents and school administrators regarding the clients’ needs based on results from assessments.
- Providing consultation to other professions, encouraging psychological ways of working.
- Supervising support staff assisting in psychological assessment and intervention.
- Conducting applied research, collecting and managing in-house databases.
- Submitting progress reports to secure funding from insurance agencies for qualified clients.
- Attending clinic meetings, workshops, conferences, and training seminars as required.
- Designing and creating presentations for conferences and Center related functions to create awareness in the community.
- Carrying out responsibilities with the highest professional ethical standards and sensitivity to multicultural differences.
- HCPC registered
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in working with children.
- To be considered for this role, you must be passionate about working with children.
- Have good research skills.
- Be able to work independently as well as be part of the MDT.